Fall Rehab CEU Event
Thursday, October 27, 2016
8:00 am - 2:45 pm
Reliable Medical Supply
9401 Winnetka Ave N
Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
Credit Hours: 3 CEUs
(approved by the AOTA and MNPTA for category 1 credit, course approval 9146)
Registration Fee: $20
Did you know that people can be supported in beautiful postural alignment with wheelchair seating, but without a benecial postural tendency, the seating system may fail? What does this mean? Can someone have an anterior pelvic tilt with a posterior tendency? What is the only favorable postural tendency? What is posture and what is tendency, and how do we address both in wheelchair seating? Answers to these and many other nagging questions will not only be suggested, but likely debated, experienced, and celebrated in this workshop.
Presenter: Tom Hetzel, PT, ATP
Tom Hetzel, PT, ATP has been involved in virtually all levels of the seating and mobility industry for over 20 years. He supports clinical practice at the Aspen Seating Clinic, and education and product design at Ride Designs. PT graduate of Ohio State University; ATP since 1996; Clinical Practice form 1989 - 1992; product and education manager for Jay Medical 1992 - 1996; Clinical consultant in private practice specic to seating an mobility 1996 - 2000; Owner/operator of Aspen Seating and Ride Designs 2000 - Present. He has and continues to present internationally on the topic of wheeled seating and mobility.
8-8:30 Check in/registration and Breakfast (Provided by Reliable Medical Supply)
8:30-11:30 Destructive Postural Tendencies in Sitting
- Be able to prioritized wheelchair seating goals relative to rest, ne motor and gross motor function.
- Be able to differentiate between posture and postural tendencies.
- As a group, will recite the three postural tendencies observed in sitting.
- As a group, will identify the one desirable postural tendency for resting postures.
- Be able to verbally demonstrate knowledge of the 2 primary postural responsibilities of a back support.
- Understand the key differences between orthotic/prosthetic and immersion/envelopment wheelchair cushion design.
CEU Portion of event will be completed by 11:30 a.m.
11:30-11:45 Lunch Break (Provided by Reliable Medical Supply)
12:15-1:15 Ride Designs Configured Product Demo and Fitting
1:15-2:30 Ride Designs Custom Products Demo/Shape Capture
2:30-2:45 Group Descussion & Question & Answer
A light breakfast will be provided.
Lunch will be provided as well.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you!
Register by October 20th online at:
If you have any questions, please contact:
Paula Stommes at email@example.com or 763-255-3810